Family of Refugees & Asylees

If you entered the United States as a refugee within the past 2 years or were granted asylee status within the past 2 years, you may petition for certain family members to obtain derivative refugee or asylee status.

You May Petition for the Following Family Members:

  • Spouse 

  • Child (unmarried and under 21 when you first applied for asylum or refugee status)