Featured Posts

April 26, 2016

There are several options for U.S. citizens that wish to file a visa petition for a foreign fiancée or spouse outside the U.S. In this article we will analyze the most common ones, as follows:


  1. The U.S. citizen files a K-1 petition with USCIS;

  2. USCIS then...

March 31, 2016


The general rule is that most nonimmigrant foreign nationals seeking to enter the United States need to have a valid visa (i.e. visa stamp), issued at the consulate abroad. There is an exception under the automatic visa revalidation, which involves travel between the...

March 8, 2016

Certain relatives of American citizens who entered the country illegally and need a waiver of unlawful presence before being eligible for permanent residency can submit an application with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and get a decisio...

February 16, 2016

Visitors are not permitted to accept employment or work in the United States. You do not become a U.S. citizen by marrying a U.S. citizen. While this seems straight forward, many non-U.S. citizens do not realize the risks of pretending to be a U.S. citizen. If you lie...

Please reload

Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence: Late Filings and Waivers

November 28, 2016

Please reload

Recent Posts